Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Story

Sometimes I have stories to tell.  Usually little anecdotes from my life.  I'll usually tell them to my husband, my friends, my mom.  Recently, I noticed the occasional glassed-over look in their eyes.  In response, I've taken to web forums.  Unfortunately, I found out that I don't like forums.  People can't really relate to what is going on in my life right now, and I don't have anything new or different to say from any one else.  I also don't really feel I can be myself.  As if I have to be some better and wittier version of myself.  Too many damn unwritten forum rules about not posting too many words, or don't be too opinionated, or especially don't disagree with anyone.  So, eff it.  I'm creating a blog to write my little stories and life experiences down.  Chances are, not a soul will read this aside from me.  And I don't really care.  It's more about the cathartic experience of getting my words out.  Why a blog and not a diary?  Diaries give the illusion of privacy, and they hurt my hand.  Okay, then type your diary.  I did that once.  It had a bad ending.

Here's my blog, warts and all.  It has no theme.  Sometimes it might be funny, sometimes it might be serious, but for the most part, it's personal and public.

No comments:

Post a Comment